Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Let's give this a try...

driving through Los Feliz

First entry:

so i get pretty bored at work; the internet has been found about 100x's a day. you can't check sports scores when there's none going on. I can't buy everything i find on ebay or amazon.com. and believe it or not, I get tired of facebook.

My sister Lauren writes a blog about her kids, but updates it once every 3 months. My friend's wife Evie writes one that I actually just read earlier today while I was deciding whether or not to do one myself. but what got me to give it a roll was a college friend who I just found out is going through something that is too close and too familiar with some of us: cancer. I won't post their name as I don't know if they want the whole world (or at least the world that revolves around me) to know the situation, so I'll simply say that I'll keep that person and their family in my prayers. I wasn't even that close to this person, however, it was heartbreaking to find out about their situation. This person was always one of the nicest people I've ever met and just overall a good, caring human being.

So, this first entry will simply be a introduction. If you're reading this, you know me. You know I'm kind of an odd person: I can be a serious person, but I can also be a pretty weird. I'm sure they're be a good amount of rants and raves (and it's not because I listen to Adam Carolla, that's just how I've always been). Some of you may not agree with anything I have to say, but maybe I can at least put something new and interesting in the back of your mind. I enjoy politics, though I don't keep up as much as some of my counterparts. I guess I'm a bleeding heart when it comes to certain issues. But always know that I feel very strongly about certain issues. It doesn't matter that people around me disagree strongly w how i feel/react. My parents are complete opposite politically than me, but they have never said I was wrong and they were right. They believe that we all have different situations and experiences within life and that things are always seens through our own eyes. Of course I disagree with them constantly on things, but they respect my views (not to be confused with agreeing w me).
I also enjoy sports and music and food, so I have a feeling that most of the entries will revolve around those. I will try to keep those not living in LA w me, about my adventures in the city that I now call my home. Thanks for tuning in. Please bear w me as i'm not the most technologically advanced and I'm learning all this on the fly.

Hollywood Blvd. & Highland Ave. during the Academy Awards; it's like a zombie movie.

@ the Golden Globes w my buddy Corey during work.

at the Dodger playoff game last year for work
w ESPN Sportscenter host Neil Everett @ LA Live, again for work

Taylor and I went out for lunch in Marina del Rey and this was the burger we each got. Neither one of us finished it.

Laur, if you're reading this, I always wondered why your spelling sucked so bad in your posts, but realizing there's no spell-check or autocorrect, I now understand. My apologies.

1 comment:

  1. Good start lane. Looking forward to entry two. It's about time you started cutting me some slack. My brain moves faster than my finger can type. Love you! Laur p.s. Apology accepted.

    ReplyDelete